Thursday, November 18, 2010

Je dois partir

After a week jam packed with drama, I would say it is time to bid farewell to the snowy cold of that which we call home. 

Last Friday while on my way to celebrate a best girlfriend's birthday at the St. Croix Vineyards, I received an email notifying me that my passport was never recieved at the Mali Embassy in Washington DC, and was considered lost.  This was Friday at 4:58.  C'est la Vie!  Onwards to the vineyard!

Much of any spare moment of Monday and Tuesday was sucked away with taking care of getting a new passport rushed and running all over town.  Monday was also filled with back to back to back meetings at CTI and Tuesday night marked our Africa Committee meeting which I Co-Chair.  A very progressive and great meeting I must add.  By Wednesday we had tracking information that my passport was being processed and I was able to begin work on the interior design plans for CTI that another Pro-Bono designer backed out of last minute. (Which I find rather disheartening).  Nonetheless, I sit here rushing the plans over to the distributor who is considering donating work stations to our non-profit, so I have to get the plans to him today before I leave for Africa.  Sweet.

I wanted to thank each of you for support leading up to today, and continued support over the next 25 days. I wanted to send a special thank you to Jamie, Mark, Josh, Dustin, Damian, Sam, Nirm, Chelsie, Christina, everyone back at CTI and Oxfam and the Director of my Graduate program Larry Gorrell for the special send off you gave me.  It does not go unnoticed.  And of course to my family for their unwaivering love, encouragement, pie and champagne!  You rock!

Thanks, and look forward to sharing this special opportunity with you all!

A benevolent mind

1 comment:

  1. We're so proud of you Andrea! Love, me and the boys :)

    ReplyDelete